Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the company will be teaming up with American Girl to present “Just Between Us,” a parent and daughter event, in all of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 stores during the month of March. This free workshop for parents and daughters, ages 8 and up, will highlight the importance of helping girls build confidence, adopt a healthy self-image and keep the lines of communication open with their parents as they encounter questions and worries about growing up.
American Girl, a leader in providing top advice books for girls, developed the workshop using content from several of their body-and-mind-related guides, including the new Care & Keeping of You 2: The Body Book for Older Girls, written by board-certified pediatrician, Cara Natterson, M.D. The workshop will focus on successful tips, tools and activities girls and parents can use to navigate the emotional changes and challenges of growing up in the most positive and constructive way possible.
The new American Girl title aimed at older girls follows the success of the original book, The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls, which has been a runaway bestseller at Barnes & Noble since its publication in 1998.
“American Girl has established a huge and loyal following with this book,” said Mary Amicucci, Vice President of Children’s Books for Barnes & Noble. “It’s been a fantastic resource for parents, girls, educators, nurses, pediatricians—anyone who works with or cares for girls and wants to make growing up a little easier for them. We’re thrilled to partner with American Girl on a nationwide event that will bring parents and daughters together to celebrate girlhood and to learn fun ways to enjoy the growing up process together.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV