The daily deals site announced Mason's departure in a press release sent out late on Thursday. Groupon's Executive Chairman Eric Lefkofsky and Vice Chairman Ted Leonsis have replaced Mason on an interim basis.
The company's weaker-than-expected fourth-quarter results and guidance earlier this week had prompted speculation about Mason's future. In the release announcing Mason's departure, Groupon noted that its first-quarter outlook remains unchanged.
Groupon's shares gained 4.86% to $4.75 before market open. The Chicago-based firm was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 89,523.Apple (AAPL) shares slipped 0.62% to $438.65. Credit Suisse cut its estimates for the consumer tech giant on Friday, citing lower iPhone shipments. Zynga (ZNGA) shares dipped 1.78% to $3.32 on share volume of 66,297, while Facebook (FB) was down 1.03% at $26.97. Shares of IBM (IBM), which increased its target for big data revenue at its investor briefing on Thursday, dipped 0.31% to $200.2 in premarket trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV