PHILADELPHIA, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Dr. Peter Edelstein will discuss keys to successful clinical integration during his presentation on 'Predictive Analytics for the Bedside Provider'
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will present new and enhanced analytic and clinical integration solutions at the Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) annual meeting in New Orleans, March 4-6, including a new Physician Portal and expanded Physician Profiling as part of its enhanced MEDai Navigator.
In addition, Dr. Peter Edelstein, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer for Elsevier's MEDai analytics group, will discuss "Predictive Analytics for the Bedside Provider" at HIMSS13's Clinical & Business Analytics/Intelligence Knowledge Center on Monday, March 4, at 2 p.m. Elsevier also will introduce Pinpoint Risk, a predictive analytics solution that identifies and helps prevent risks to inpatients.Elsevier's MEDai Navigator is the first payer analytics solution that goes beyond predicting and managing risks for cost savings to empower providers to improve the quality of care and patient outcomes. The new Physician Portal and Physician Profiling features have been integrated into the enhanced MEDai Navigator solution to provide a more complete, holistic approach to performance management in a common language that is meaningful and relevant to both providers and payers. MEDai Navigator:
- Combines claims and clinical data into a single, clinically integrated view of the patient
- Enables access to both patient-level analytics and performance metrics
- Is configured to share information in real-world medical practice
- Can be used on mobile devices (tablets and smart phones) at the point of care
- Helps providers achieve the objectives of improving the patient experience of care, improving the health of populations, and reducing the cost of healthcare
- Allows access to ClinicalKey, Elsevier's clinical insight engine, to provide the most current and clinically relevant evidence-based answers, expert commentary, MEDLINE abstracts and select third-party journals