March 1, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Retail Investor Conferences.com,
CCG Investor Relations
today announced a
showcase event for Real Estate Investment Trusts. This is the first use of this unique retail investor platform specifically for the
Publicly-Quoted Real Estate Investment Trust Sector, and the 27th in the series using the
, platform. Individual investors, institutional investors and analysts are invited.
March 7, 2013
5:00 PM EST
> red "register / watch event now" button
It is recommended that investors pre-register to save time and receive event updates.
This will be a live, interactive online event where investors are invited to ask the company questions in real-time - both in the presentation hall as well as the company's "virtual trade booth." If attendees are not able to join the event live on the day of the conference, an on-demand archive will be available for 90 days.
Presenting REITs will include:
Brad Case, Senior VP Research and Industry Information,
, the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts who will make a 30 minute presentation: "A Guide to REIT Investing"
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities (NYSE:ARE) owns, operates, manages, develops, acquires, and redevelops properties for the life sciences industry.
- DDR Corp. (NYSE:DDR) is an owner and manager of 454 value-oriented shopping centers representing 116 million square feet in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Brazil.
- EPR Properties (NYSE:EPR) is a specialty real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in properties in select market segments which require unique industry knowledge, while offering the potential for stable and attractive returns.
- Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR) is the second-largest owner and/or operator of self-storage properties and is the largest self-storage management company in the United States.
- National Retail Properties (NYSE:NNN) invests primarily in high-quality retail properties subject generally to long-term, net leases. As of December 31, 2012, the company owned 1,622 properties in 47 states with a gross leasable area of approximately 19.2 million square feet.
, Ph.D., CAIA, is responsible for conducting original research on real estate investing through REITs in institutional and individual investment portfolios. Dr. Case has authored numerous magazine and journal articles on topics, including REITs and real estate as inflation hedges, diversification and risk-adjusted performance of REITs relative to other assets, relative performance of REITs and direct real estate, long-term return distributions, lead/lag relationships between REIT returns and direct property values, and correlations and volatilities of REITs and non-REIT stocks. Dr. Case previously was an economist with the Board of Governors of the
He is an editor of the academic journals Real Estate Economics and Journal of Housing Economics. He earned his Ph.D. in economics from
Virtual Conference Format
Following Dr. Case's remarks, these leading REITs will each have a time slot of approximately 20 minutes during which they will lay out the key points of their investment thesis. This will be followed by Q&A live with participating investors. After the presentation ends, each REIT will be available in a virtual "trade booth" where investors may view additional corporate materials and chat in real-time with the presenter. Investors may then wish to become followers of the REITs they have met by opting in to mailing lists for future communications from the REITs. They may also continue to deepen their understanding of the REIT by revisiting the presentation, which is available for a further 90 days at retailinvestorconferences.com.