CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems has been awarded a contract to provide the advanced DB-110 airborne reconnaissance system on the F-16 platform for the Turkish Airborne Reconnaissance Program (TARP). The contract was awarded by Aselsan Elektronic Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. on behalf of the Turkish Air Force. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX)
Under the TARP contract, UTC Aerospace Systems will supply four DB-110 electro-optic/infra-red (EO/IR) reconnaissance pods for the Turkish Air Force F-16 aircraft and three fixed/transportable Imagery Exploitation Systems. The company will also provide training and logistics support.
Kevin Raftery, vice president of ISR Systems said, "This selection by Turkey marks our ninth award on the F-16 aircraft and with this growing customer base; the DB-110 has become the standard for F-16 reconnaissance systems around the world."
The DB-110 digital, real-time, tactical reconnaissance system captures images day and night using electro-optical/infrared sensor technology. Images can then be transmitted in real-time to analysts on the ground as well as viewed on the cockpit video display, enabling the pilots to verify targets and re-task based on opportunities revealed during the mission.UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV