Stock Risky Despite Dow's First-Ever Monthly Close Above 14,000
Dow Transportation Average (5993): Monthly, annual and quarterly value levels are 5522, 5469 and 5094 with my annual and semiannual pivots at 5925 and 5955.
The Russell 2000 (911.11): Annual, quarterly and annual value levels are 860.25, 821.01 and 809.54 with a monthly pivot at 901.68 and semiannual risky level at 965.51.
In sum, closes today above all new monthly pivots at 13,949 Dow industrials, 1528.6 S&P 500, 3197 Nasdaq, and 901.68 Russell 2000 indicates potential strength to the risky levels at 14,323 Dow industrials, 1566.9 S&P 500 and 965.51 Russell 2000.
Closes below these monthly pivots indicates risk to the monthly value level at 5522 Dow transports. The other first value levels are 13,668 Dow industrials, 1431.1 S&P 500, 3071 Nasdaq and 860.25 Russell 2000.I project that there will be additional weekly risky levels for next week's trading. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV