The Accenture research also covers a wide range of work-related topics that help define success in the workplace, including:
- Job Satisfaction: In the current survey, 53 percent of women and 50 percent of men say they are satisfied with their jobs and not looking for new opportunities, compared to 43 percent of women and 41 percent of men, who expressed satisfaction in Accenture's 2012 research.
- Rewarding workplaces: When asked what words describe a good work environment, rewarding (cited by 59 percent) tops respondents’ lists. Honest, flexible and interesting follow (54 percent, 50 percent and 49 percent, respectively)
- Tenure: Two-thirds of women (66 percent) and three-quarters of men (74 percent) have been with their current employers for more than 4 years.
- Pay raises: The majority of respondents (58 percent of women; 64 percent of men) say they have asked for or negotiated a pay raise. These findings continue a steady upward trend: 49 percent of women and 57 percent of men in our 2012 research asked for or negotiated a pay raise, while 44 percent of women and 48 percent of men in the 2011 survey did the same.
- Vacation and work: Three-quarters (75 percent) of respondents report they work frequently or occasionally during paid time off, generally checking email, catching up on work, working with no distractions, and participating in conference calls (cited by 71 percent, 44 percent, 35 percent and 30 percent, respectively). At the same time, 40 percent consider themselves workaholics.
- Leaving: Top reasons for leaving a job include responsibilities that don’t match a job description (38 percent), pay (38 percent) and uninteresting work (34 percent).
- Job search: When asked to name three things they would do to start a job search, respondents cited looking on job boards for open positions, contacting friends and others in their networks, and updating online profiles and information (cited by 30 percent, 24 percent and 21 percent, respectively).
Accenture will celebrate International Women’s Day in approximately 40 countries, with a focus on its global women’s theme: Defining success. Your way.
In November 2012, Accenture conducted an online survey of 4,100 business executives from medium to large organizations in 33 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States. A minimum of 100 respondents from each country participated, with the exception of Norway/Sweden/Denmark/Finland, where the combined number of respondents totaled 200. Respondents were split evenly by gender and were balanced by age and level in their organizations. The margin of error for the total sample was approximately +/-2 percent. A full report on the research, “Defining Success,” containing info graphics, analysis of regional trends and other key highlights is available at www.accenture.com.About Accenture Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 259,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Through its Skills to Succeed corporate citizenship focus, Accenture is committed to equipping 500,000 people around the world by 2015 with the skills to get a job or build a business. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts