Foster Wheeler AG (Nasdaq: FWLT) today reported net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 of $6.3 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, compared with $39.2 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Net income in both quarterly periods was impacted by net asbestos-related provisions as detailed in an attached table. Excluding such items from both quarterly periods, net income in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $28.9 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, compared with $44.8 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. For the full year 2012, net income was $136.0 million, or $1.27 per diluted share, compared with $162.4 million, or $1.35 per diluted share, for 2011. Excluding the net asbestos-related provisions from both years, net income for 2012 was $165.9 million, or $1.54 per diluted share, as compared with $172.3 million, or $1.43 per diluted share, in 2011.
The fourth quarter of 2012 also included a non-cash after-tax impairment charge of $11.5 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, on a non-core asset.
The following tables present quarterly and average quarterly data, both as reported and as adjusted (as detailed in an attached table). The company believes that quarterly averages provide meaningful comparative relevance for certain key metrics in light of the significant quarter-to-quarter variability that is inherent in the company’s financial results.
|(in millions)||Q4 2012||Qtrly Avg. 2012||Q4 2011||Qtrly Avg. 2011|
|Net income, as adjusted||$29||$41||$45||$43|
|EBITDA, as adjusted||$78||$77||$75||$73|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV