NEW YORK -- HSBC (HBC) said Monday that full-year net profit fell by 17% in 2012 as it paid almost $2 billion in fines to settle a money-laundering case brought by U.S. officials.
HSBC said 2012 pretax "underlying profit," which doesn't take into account charges, was $16.4 billion, up 18% from a year earlier.
Europe's largest bank lifted its dividend payout by 10% for the full year.
Tech Data (TECD) is expected by analysts Monday to report earnings of $1.76 a share in the fourth quarter on revenue of $7.22 billion. 5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts
Rig owner Transocean (RIG) swung to a profit in the fourth quarter as revenue at the Swiss company rose 9% to $2.33 billion. Adjusted profit, excluding items, was 91 cents a share in the fourth quarter. Analysts were expecting earnings of 82 cents a share on revenue of $2.36 billion.
Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) is expected by analysts Monday to post a quarterly loss of 3 cents a share on revenue of $21.9 million.
A federal judge ruled that jurors miscalculated nearly half the $1 billion in damages it found Samsung owed Apple (AAPL) for patent infringement. U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh wiped out $450 million from the verdict and ordered a new trial to reconsider damages related to 14 Samsung products jurors in August found were using Apple's technology without permission, The Associated Press reported. Koh said jurors had not properly followed her instruction in calculating some of the damages. Apple Shareholder Meeting: Tech Weekly Recap
Stratasys (SSYS) is expected by Wall Street Monday to post fourth-quarter earnings of 38 cents a share on revenue of $52.8 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV