Tower International Inc Stock Upgraded (TOWR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 105.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.66 million to $13.72 million.
- TOWR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TOWER INTERNATIONAL INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TOWER INTERNATIONAL INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.59 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.29 versus -$0.59).
- The gross profit margin for TOWER INTERNATIONAL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.70% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $64.92 million or 34.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts