NEW YORK, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- North & Webster, LLC ("North & Webster") announced today that it has withdrawn its bona-fide $7.00 per share all-cash offer to acquire all shares of CSP Inc. (NasdaqGM: CSPI) ("CSP" or the "Company") it does not currently own. North & Webster stated that it has decided to withdraw its acquisition offer due to the continued refusal of CSP's Board and management to engage with North & Webster on any level regarding its offer.
"Our revised $7.00 offer represented a five-year high for CSP's common stock. We continue to believe that our proposed acquisition was fair and would have made sense for CSP shareholders," said Samuel A. Kidston, managing member of North & Webster. "We had believed that the Company was willing to engage in meaningful discussions with us due to statements that the Company would "prudently consider" and "turn to" North & Webster's offer following the 2013 Annual Meeting. The 2013 Annual Meeting has come and gone and, in total, it has been approximately 110 days since our initial offer was put forth to the Company. The Company has yet to open any dialog whatsoever."
Contact:North & Webster Samuel A. Kidston617-395-8121
SOURCE North & Webster, LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV