STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) (along with its subsidiaries, the "Company" or "Charter") today announced that its subsidiaries, CCO Holdings, LLC and CCO Holdings Capital Corp., have priced a private offering of $1 billion in aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes in two tranches due in 2021 (the "2021 Notes") and 2023 (the "2023 Notes" and collectively with the 2021 Notes, the "Notes"). The 2021 Notes total $500 million in aggregate principal amount and will bear an interest rate of 5.25 percent per annum. The 2023 Notes total $500 million in aggregate principal amount and will bear an interest rate of 5.75 percent per annum. The Notes will be issued at par.
The Notes will result in proceeds of approximately $987 million after deducting underwriting discounts, commissions and other expenses. Charter intends to use the net proceeds from the sale of the Notes for general corporate purposes, including to repay existing bank debt. Charter expects to close the offering on March 14, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
The Notes were sold to qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A and outside the United States to non-U.S. persons in reliance on Regulation S. The notes have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), or any state securities laws and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.This press release is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV