Compared to normal levels the positive pre-tax gross margin effect from weather was approximately $49 million or about $0.21 per share.
Coal generation fleet availability was higher than last year primarily due to planned outages at both Iatan units and at La Cygne 1 in 2011. Nuclear availability was negatively impacted due to the unplanned outage at Wolf Creek in the first quarter of 2012 and in the second quarter of 2011 for the extended refueling outage.
|Year Ended December 31||2012||2011|
|Equivalent Availability - Coal Plants||85%||81%|
|Capacity Factor - Coal Plants||70%||65%|
|Equivalent Availability - Nuclear||80%||71%|
|Capacity Factor - Nuclear||81%||72%|
|Equivalent Availability - Coal and Nuclear||84%||80%|
|Capacity Factor - Coal and Nuclear||72%||66%|
Electric Utility Segment Fourth Quarter:
Quarterly net income for the Electric Utility segment was $6.4 million or $0.04 per share compared to $10.0 million or $0.07 per share in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV