Corn, Soybeans Rise On Reports Of Delays In Brazil
Gold for April delivery dropped $17.60 to $1,578.10 an ounce. The metal fell 4 percent in February, its biggest monthly decline in 10 months.
The demand for gold as a defensive investment has waned this year on evidence that the U.S. economy is maintaining its recovery.
Platinum for April delivery dropped $16.60 an ounce, or 1 percent, to $1,583.50. Copper for May delivery fell 1.95 cents, or 0.5 percent, to $3.5475 a pound.
Benchmark crude for April delivery fell 71 cents to finish at $92.05 a barrel.Wholesale gasoline was up 0.05 cents to $3.11 a gallon. Heating oil fell 2.4 cents to $2.96 a gallon. Natural gas rose 5 cents to finish at $3.48 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV