Springfield Clinic Selects Perioperative IT Solution From Surgical Information Systems
ATLANTA, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Surgical Information Systems (SIS), a leader in perioperative information systems, announced today that Springfield Clinic has selected SIS to automate documentation in its Ambulatory Surgery & Endoscopy Center. Springfield Clinic is one of the largest private multi-specialty clinics in Illinois, serving a population of nearly one million patients throughout the Central Illinois region. Springfield Clinic's Ambulatory Surgery & Endoscopy Center was Springfield, Illinois's first free-standing outpatient surgery facility.
Given today's regulatory and reimbursement environment, hospitals and clinics are increasingly turning to the OR to help improve the overall health of their facilities. Streamlining processes and making better use of the data they collect throughout the surgical care process can make a substantial impact, as the OR accounts for over half of a hospital's costs and between 55 and 65 percent of its margin.
Springfield Clinic looked to SIS to support improved efficiencies in its surgery center by helping them reduce redundant documentation and streamline the process while helping improve financial performance in the space with accurate charge capture and enhanced reporting capabilities."With the SIS Solution, we will be able to electronically document directly at the point of care, which supports both our patient safety and efficiency goals," said Mary Stewart, Chief Clinical Officer of Springfield Clinic. "With comprehensive patient data in a single record, SIS' advanced reporting will give us easy and fast access to the information we need to measure and track results, streamline processes, and ultimately provide better care." Springfield Clinic's implementation of the SIS Solution will include:
- Surgical scheduling including preadmission testing, supporting goals to reduce day of surgery delays and cancellations;
- Nursing documentation designed to help streamline clinical workflows and record a comprehensive nursing patient record;
- Rules-based charging to capture charge information as an automatic by-product of the clinical documentation process and submit electronically to the billing department
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts