LOS ANGELES, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Using Newton's three laws of motion to explain how hockey players are able to quickly stop and pass the puck, shoot a hard-hitting slap shot and make a great save, the Los Angeles Kings and Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) encouraged middle school students to take greater interest in science and math during National Engineers Week.
A video clip of this event is available from Northrop Grumman's You Tube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/northropgrummanmedia . Photos are available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=17392 .
The four-day "Science of Hockey" event took place at the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Kings' training facility in El Segundo, Calif., and was led by Northrop Grumman engineer T.J. Mathieson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV