GT Points Leader Von Moltke Heads To Austin Aboard Muehlner Porsche
"Circuit of The Americas is actually a very European-style race track in the U.S. It's a very smooth circuit and it's almost like they've looked at Europe and they built to the specs that everyone uses over there.
"We're hoping to show up there and be strong out of the box."
Q: YOU WERE BORN IN TEXAS SO HOW MUCH ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK TO THE LONE STAR STATE?
A: "I'm actually really excited. My brother still lives in Dallas, where I spent quite a few years. So he's going to be able to come down and visit."It's always nice to have family support at a race. It enables you to relax a little bit and feel more comfortable in your surroundings. "Circuit of The Americas is not just in the state that I was born and spent many years of my life in, it's also probably one of the newest and biggest attractions in motorsports worldwide. It's a massive event for the Rolex Series for its first year there. "I watched the Formula One race there and will probably watch it again. I've also watched tons of on-board videos. You try to learn the circuit as much as you can. "When you break the track apart and look at the first sector, Turns 1 through 11... It's extremely technical, fast and flowing and there are a lot of corners that lead directly into other corners, so you have to compromise a lot. "Sector two is long straightaways and huge brake zones while sector three has really fast sweeping corners that are uphill and downhill and are also second-gear corners leading on the big straightaway. "The driving style you have will have to change quite a bit for the three sectors. You're also going to have to compromise on setup and try to find the best car over the entire lap and not just in one sector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV