GT Points Leader Von Moltke Heads To Austin Aboard Muehlner Porsche
"I've got a great team with Muehlner Motorsports. They're very determined to come out strong and show they belong and can fight for wins in the Rolex Series. So I'm excited to join up with them again.
"I've also got a really strong teammate with Kyle Marcelli, who has a lot of experience in Porches and has been really strong in the ALMS in the PC class.
"We're all completely focused on this race and want to go there and put in the best result possible that we can achieve."
Q: OUTSIDE OF THE ROLEX 24, THIS WILL BE MUEHLNER MOTORSPORT'S FIRST ROLEX SERIES REGULAR SEASON RACE. DOES THAT CHANGE THINGS AT ALL?A: "I first drove for Muehlner Motorsports back at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in 2011. It was a joy to work with them. It was actually their first race here in the U.S. "Being based in Belgium and being used to European racing, it's really different here. The tracks are extremely different. The way you set up the cars and also the rules are really different. "They had a huge learning curve but they've gone about things the right way. They've experimented and have learned the way things work over here. They did the Rolex 24 this year and this will be their first regular season Rolex Series race. "It's a really different ballgame in some respects, but in other respects, it's also very similar. In the 24-hour nowadays, we're running 100 percent, flat out the whole race. It's the same way in the two-hour and 45-minute races. "The strategy and the way we work things are going to be a little bit different, but all in all, I think they've learned the ropes and already understand U.S. racing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV