GT Points Leader Von Moltke Heads To Austin Aboard Muehlner Porsche
"It's a night-and-day different driving style, and it actually does take you quite a few laps.
"Since Daytona, the last car I actually drove was a Porsche. I went to the ALMS Sebring Test and drove the WeatherTech Porsche in GTC spec, which is quite close to the GRAND-AM spec.
"In one regard, it's nice that I've actually gotten some laps in a Porsche recently. It will again take me a few laps to learn the car, especially when you're learning a new track.
"I've never driven at the Circuit of The Americas before. It's an extremely technical track, especially the first section. When you combine having to not only learn the car but also learn a new track, it's definitely going to be a steep learning curve."You don't have much track time and you don't have much time to sit back and learn and take your time. It's important for the team that the driver learns the track quickly so we can start taking advantage of our test times and make changes on the car to make us the fastest car there." Q: YOU GO INTO AUSTIN AS THE GT CHAMPIONSHIP LEADER. HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO HAVE A STRONG WEEKEND AND PUT SOME POINTS ON THE BOARD? A: "It's extremely important. We're all after the goal of winning races and the ultimate target of winning the championship. "Daytona was a great event and a great way to start off our season. But it's done and over with and we're now completely focused on Circuit of The Americas and putting all of our efforts into this race. "You can't get caught up thinking where you are in the points and what went on in the last round or what could come in the future, especially this early in the season. We're going to go there to battle and fight hard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV