AJC Brief Urges Supreme Court To Protect Same-Sex Marriage, Religious Liberty
Further, when the Court does consider a clash between the religious liberty of religious institutions objecting to same-sex marriage and laws appearing to compel such recognition, AJC urged the Court to use the opportunity to enhance protection for religious liberty generally, resolving ambiguities in the current standard in favor of religious liberty and ultimately, replacing the current standard.
The brief was prepared by Professor Douglas Laycock of the University of Virginia Law School, one of the nation's foremost authorities on religious liberty. He was assisted by Professor Thomas C. Berg, another well-known academic expert on religious liberty, and AJC General Counsel Marc D. Stern.
SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV