Videology Research Suggests The Optimal Television/Online Video Media Mix To Drive Consumer Action
NEW YORK, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Videology—a digital advertising platform and solutions provider— recently conducted research designed to determine optimal media mix modeling for television/online video campaigns to drive specific consumer outcomes, including purchase intent and ad recall.
Driving action conversion—often used as a proxy to determine purchase intent—was a key focus of the report. Action conversion includes actions beyond a simple click through, such as searching for a retail location, building a product profile, downloading a coupon, or other actions that suggest intent to purchase a brand's product or service.
Videology found that action conversion rates increased 40% in consumers exposed to both the television and online video advertisements compared to the control group (those not exposed to the digital advertisement).Moreover, Videology found that an optimal frequency mix of 7-9X on television and 7-9X on digital video drove the highest overall conversion rate of all combinations. Those exposed in the 7-9X frequency range for both television and digital video saw a 230% lift in action conversion compared to the control group. Other findings:
- TV frequency alone does not specifically correlate to action conversion.
- Those who were exposed to an ad online first are more likely to take action.
- Increased digital frequency drives increased action conversion.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts