GLEN ALLEN, Va., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Community Bankers Trust Corporation, the holding company for Essex Bank (the "Company") (NYSE MKT: BTC), announced today that it has been approved for listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol "ESXB". The Company expects that its common stock will begin trading on the NASDAQ Capital Market on March 14, 2013. The Company's common stock will continue to trade on the NYSE MKT under the current symbol "BTC" until the market close on March 13, 2013.
Rex L. Smith, III, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and the Bank, commented, "We are pleased to announce our listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market. We believe that the move to NASDAQ will improve the visibility of our company, enhance trading liquidity in our shares and provide us with greater exposure to a variety of investors."
"NASDAQ is pleased to welcome Community Bankers Trust to our family of listed companies, which includes 87 percent of regional and community banks listed on US markets," said Bob McCooey, Senior Vice President, NASDAQ OMX. "We look forward to our partnership with Essex Bank and to supporting the company and its stockholders in the years to come."About Community Bankers Trust Corporation The Company is the holding company for Essex Bank, a Virginia state bank with 24 full-service offices, 13 of which are in Virginia, seven of which are in Maryland and four of which are in Georgia. The Company also operates two loan production offices. Additional information is available on the Company's website at www.cbtrustcorp.com . Forward-Looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV