- Body suppliers lead the way in both supply chain effectiveness and efficiency, scoring first in three effectiveness measures and in seven efficiency measures. Body suppliers also rank first in revenue growth (23 percent from 2010 to 2011).
- Interior suppliers finish second overall, and cash and working capital improvements appear to be high priorities. As a whole, interior suppliers lag in revenue growth, profit margins and COGS performance in relation to other segments.
- Electrical component suppliers rank first in overall effectiveness yet third in overall efficiency, which may indicate that cost improvement is a near-term focus. Inventory turns rank among the best when compared across segments, but improvement in turns from 2010 to 2011 lags other segments.
- Chassis suppliers finish fourth overall, and rank among the highest in gross profit margin (15 percent) relative to other segments in 2011.
- Powertrain suppliers capture fifth in effectiveness, but rank in the middle in efficiency. Overall, powertrain suppliers' inventory turns are the lowest of all the sectors, implying improvement potential.
- Exterior component suppliers finish sixth overall, falling behind their peers in supply chain performance. Exterior component suppliers did excel at raw material stability, indicating that improved planning capabilities or inventory replenishment strategies are in place.
Body Suppliers Ranked Top Performers As A Result Of Widespread Automotive Restructuring In North America, According To PwC North American Automotive Supplier Supply Chain Performance Study
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.