- The number of residential units sold increased from 133 units in 2011 to 158 units in 2012. Pricing also improved, particularly in the Company’s resort communities. The combination of higher pricing and a greater number of units sold contributed to a revenue increase of 81% in residential real estate sales in 2012 compared to 2011.
- Tons of timber sold increased approximately 19% year over year because the Company opened more of the Company’s land to timber harvesting, and our investments in technology and infrastructure had a positive impact on production.
- Revenue in the Company’s resorts, leisure and leasing operations business grew approximately 16% in 2012 compared to 2011 due to a strong summer vacation season as well as the commencement of rent for two commercial leases, one at Port St. Joe and the other at Venture Crossings, in the latter half of 2012.
- Real estate sales in the Company’s rural land businesses was positively and significantly impacted by the sale of two non-strategic pieces of property totaling 3,240 acres at an average price of $5,655 per acre, or $18.3 million in total.
- Operating and corporate expenses declined $18.8 million compared to 2011 as a result of lower legal fees, decreased pension charges and reduced stock-based compensation charges.
- The Company prepaid $19.3 million of debt at its RiverTown project related to infrastructure and community improvement projects. By prepaying the debt, the Company will save approximately $6.0 million in interest expense over the next four and half years.
The St. Joe Company Reports Full Year And Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.