Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, announced today that its board of directors has appointed David C. Dobson chief executive officer. Dobson, 50, who will also join Digital River’s board of directors, was previously executive vice president at CA Technologies, a global IT management software and solutions company.
Dobson succeeds Digital River’s Chairman Thomas Madison, who has served as interim chief executive officer while the company conducted a search for a permanent replacement. Madison will continue to serve as the non-executive chairman of Digital River’s board of directors.
“On behalf of the board of directors and senior management team, I want to welcome David Dobson to Digital River,” said Madison. “With an extensive background in software and technology, David has successfully developed products and solutions for cloud-based environments, led innovation initiatives, and built businesses around comprehensive outsourcing models with rich partner ecosystems. This expertise, combined with a proven track record of increasing revenues and profits for high-tech enterprises with worldwide customer and employee bases, makes him an ideal match for Digital River. We are looking forward to his contributions as we continue to advance our platform and leadership position in the e-commerce industry.”
“I am honored and excited to join Digital River. With a history of innovation and a world-class talent base, the company has earned industry recognition as a global e-commerce expert and built online businesses for some of the largest and most respected brands on the Internet,” said Dobson. “I am looking forward to helping Digital River return to growth and accelerate the pace at which the company is creating value for customers, investors and employees.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV