JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012.
Highlights for the fourth quarter ended December 29, 2012:
- Net revenues for the quarter increased 0.3% to $81.0 million, compared to $80.7 million last year.
- Store sales increased 1.2% to $73.8 million and comparable store sales decreased by 11.6%.
- Operating income was $3.9 million or 4.8% of net revenues, compared to $9.8 million or 12.2% of net revenues for last year.
- Net income was $2.4 million, or $0.15 per diluted share based on 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding, as compared to net income of $6.1 million, or $0.38 per diluted share based on 16.2 million weighted average shares outstanding for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- The Company opened 13 new stores during the fourth quarter and operated 276 stores as of December 29, 2012.
Highlights for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2012:
- Net revenues increased 4.9% to $311.0 million from $296.5 million for the same period a year ago.
- Store sales rose 5.1% to $275.1 million driven by a 15% increase in store count which was offset by a comparable store sales decrease of 8.1%.
- Operating income was $19.1 million or 6.2% of net revenues, compared to $31.4 million or 10.6% of net revenues for the same period last year.
- Net income was $11.9 million or $0.73 per diluted share based on 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding, as compared to net income of $19.7 million, or $1.22 per diluted share based on 16.2 million weighted average shares outstanding for fiscal 2011.
- The Company opened 39 new stores during fiscal year 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV