Excluding non-cash gains or losses for share-based compensation, warrant compensation and change in value of derivatives, non-GAAP adjusted net loss was $42.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, or non-GAAP adjusted basic and diluted loss per share of $0.28, compared to non-GAAP adjusted net loss of $10.2 million, or non-GAAP adjusted basic and diluted loss per share of $0.08 for the same period in 2011.
As of December 31, 2012, Amarin had approximately 150.3 million ADSs outstanding as well as approximately 9.9 million, 10.9 million, and 0.5 million equivalent shares underlying warrants, stock options, and restricted stock units, respectively, at average exercise prices of $1.44, $7.29 and $8.86, respectively. In addition, our $150 million exchangeable senior notes issued in January 2012 are exchangeable prior to October 15, 2031 into an aggregate of 17.0 million ADSs (based on an initial exchange price of approximately $8.81 per ADS), subject to certain specified conditions. The notes accrue interest at an annual rate of 3.5%, payable semiannually in arrears on January 15 and July 15, beginning July 15, 2012. The notes will mature on January 15, 2032, unless earlier repurchased or redeemed by the company or exchanged by the holders.
Amarin's 2013 operational priorities
Operational priorities in the upcoming year include the following:
- Increasing revenues from Vascepa
- Approval of the ANCHOR indication sNDA
- Additional patent awards from the USPTO
- FDA approval of additional API suppliers
- Managed care migration from Tier-3 to Tier-2 coverage
- Continued publication of data from Amarin's clinical trials
- FDA exclusivity determination
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV