Excluding non-cash gains or losses for share-based compensation, warrant compensation and change in value of derivatives, non-GAAP adjusted net loss was $42.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, or non-GAAP adjusted basic and diluted loss per share of $0.28, compared to non-GAAP adjusted net loss of $10.2 million, or non-GAAP adjusted basic and diluted loss per share of $0.08 for the same period in 2011.
As of December 31, 2012, Amarin had approximately 150.3 million ADSs outstanding as well as approximately 9.9 million, 10.9 million, and 0.5 million equivalent shares underlying warrants, stock options, and restricted stock units, respectively, at average exercise prices of $1.44, $7.29 and $8.86, respectively. In addition, our $150 million exchangeable senior notes issued in January 2012 are exchangeable prior to October 15, 2031 into an aggregate of 17.0 million ADSs (based on an initial exchange price of approximately $8.81 per ADS), subject to certain specified conditions. The notes accrue interest at an annual rate of 3.5%, payable semiannually in arrears on January 15 and July 15, beginning July 15, 2012. The notes will mature on January 15, 2032, unless earlier repurchased or redeemed by the company or exchanged by the holders.
Amarin's 2013 operational priorities
Operational priorities in the upcoming year include the following:
- Increasing revenues from Vascepa
- Approval of the ANCHOR indication sNDA
- Additional patent awards from the USPTO
- FDA approval of additional API suppliers
- Managed care migration from Tier-3 to Tier-2 coverage
- Continued publication of data from Amarin's clinical trials
- FDA exclusivity determination
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts