BEDMINSTER, N.J. and DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq:AMRN), a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the commercialization and development of therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health, today announced financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012 and provided an update on company operations.
Key Amarin accomplishments since the quarter ended September 30, 2012 include:
- Launched Vascepa ® (icosapent ethyl) capsules in the United States on January 28, 2013 for the MARINE indication (use as an adjunct to diet to lower triglyceride levels in adult patients with severe (≥500 mg/dL) hypertriglyceridemia)
- Hired and trained U.S. sales team, including 275 sales representatives with extensive cardiovascular selling experience and relationships with healthcare professionals targeted for Vascepa along with key sales and marketing hires for Amarin's commercial team
- Stocked Vascepa at wholesalers and leading pharmacies
- Achieved >160 million lives covered by payors
- Submitted sNDA (supplemental New Drug Application) seeking approval in the United States of Vascepa for use in a second indication (ANCHOR)
- Submitted two sNDAs for additional active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) suppliers: Chemport and BASF
- Strengthened supply chain with an exclusive agreement entered into by a consortium of companies, led by Slanmhor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., to be Amarin's fourth Vascepa API supplier
- Increased patents issued or allowed to 18 in the United States, a majority of which have patent terms extending into 2030, with more than 30 additional U.S. patent applications being prosecuted
- Completed dosing of a fixed-dose combination study with Vascepa and a leading statin
- Publication of MARINE and ANCHOR Phase 3 trial results in The American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs
- Strengthened balance sheet through successful completion of a $100M non-dilutive, hybrid debt financing resulting in a year-end cash balance of $260.2 million
"In 2012, Amarin received FDA approval of Vascepa capsules for the use in its initial indication, the MARINE indication," said Joseph Zakrzewski, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amarin. "In early 2013, we launched Vascepa for the MARINE indication and submitted a sNDA with the FDA seeking approval for the ANCHOR indication, which would enable promotion of Vascepa to a significantly larger patient population. These significant achievements have been supported by considerable progress on multiple fronts, including the strengthening of our supply chain, expanding our patent protection for Vascepa and building a seasoned and capable commercial team. We look forward to continued progress in 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV