OTTAWA, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a leading provider of cloud and premises-based unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solutions, today announced financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 ended January 31, 2013. All financial results are in U.S. dollars.
"We delivered solid revenue and gross margin, each in line with guidance, and non-GAAP operating expenses favorable to guidance in the third quarter," said Richard McBee, Chief Executive Officer, Mitel. "Also, as previously announced, we entered into new credit facilities, strengthening our financial position and, in the third quarter, signed a letter of intent with a prospective buyer to complete the divestiture of our DataNet/CommSource business unit. We anticipate completing the transaction on March 1, 2013."
Fiscal Third Quarter 2013 Financial Highlights
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $22.6 million or 15.9%, up from $21.0 million or 14.0% from the prior year quarter.
- Non-GAAP net income from continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $12.8 million, or $0.23 per share, up from $12.0 million, or $0.21 per share, in the same period last year.
- Net income from continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $5.1 million, or $0.09 per share, diluted, compared to net income from continuing operations of $4.4 million, or $0.08 per share, diluted, in the same period last year.
- Revenue from continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $142.0 million, compared to $150.5 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Gross margin from continuing operations was 55.5%, up from 54.4% in the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of January 31, 2013 were $100.6 million.
- Operating cash flows for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 were $17.3 million.
- Special charges and restructuring costs of $7.3 million were recorded in the third quarter of fiscal 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV