Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BAGL), a leader in the quick-casual segment of the restaurant industry operating under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® brands, today reported financial results for the 13-week fourth quarter and 52-week fiscal year ended January 1, 2013. The fourth quarter and fiscal year in 2011 were 14 weeks and 53 weeks, respectively.
Highlights for the 13-Week Fourth Quarter 2012 Compared to the 14-Week Fourth Quarter 2011; and for the 52-Week Fiscal 2012 Compared to the 53-Week Fiscal 2011:
- System-wide comparable store sales for the fourth quarter increased 1.4%, the seventh consecutive quarter of positive trends. For the year, system-wide comparable store sales increased 1.0%.
- Total revenues decreased $4.5 million, or 3.9%, to $110.6 million from $115.1 million reflecting the impact of the additional revenues from the 14 th week in the fourth quarter of 2011. Total revenues for the year increased $3.4 million, or 0.8%, to a record $427.0 million from $423.6 million.
- Excluding the extra week in fiscal 2011, total revenues increased 2.6% in 2012 for the fourth quarter and for the year, with revenue growth offset by the closure of the Company’s commissaries.
- For the year, adjusted EBITDA increased $5.2 million, or 11.7%, to a record $49.7 million from $44.5 million. (*)
- Cash flow from operations for the year increased 24.0% to a record $48.5 million from $39.1 million.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $3.2 million, or $0.18 per diluted share. For the year, net income was $12.7 million, or $0.74 per diluted share compared to net income of $13.2 million, or $0.78 per diluted share.
- For the year, adjusted net income increased $3.3 million, or 25.2%, to $16.4 million, or $0.95 adjusted earnings per diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $13.1 million, or $0.78 adjusted earnings per diluted share, on a comparable 52-week basis. (*)
- The Company paid a total of $76.6 million in a one-time special and regular quarterly dividends.
Jeff O’Neill, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “2012 was a strong year at Einstein Noah as we successfully executed on our key objectives and delivered strong financial results to our shareholders. We achieved record revenues, record adjusted EBITDA, and record operating cash flow through a combination of positive comparable sales, unit development, and operational improvements. We also returned a substantial amount of capital through a one-time special dividend as well as our regular quarterly dividends, further demonstrating our long-term confidence in the business.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts