Air Lease Corporation (ALC) (NYSE: AL) announced today the results of its operations for the three months ended and year ended December 31, 2012.
Air Lease Corporation reports another consecutive quarter of fleet, revenue, profitability and financing growth:
- Diluted EPS increased 117% to $1.28 per share for the year ended December 31, 2012 compared to $0.59 per share for the year ended December 31, 2011. Diluted EPS increased 58% to $0.38 per share in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $0.24 in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Revenues increased 95% to $656 million for the year ended December 31, 2012 compared to $337 million for the year ended December 31, 2011. Revenues increased 65% to $190 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $115 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Income before taxes increased 146% to $204 million for the year ended December 31, 2012 compared to $83 million for the year ended December 31, 2011. Income before taxes increased 58% to $61 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $39 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Added 14 aircraft (including 11 aircraft from our order book and three opportunistic/incremental aircraft) and sold one aircraft from our fleet, growing our fleet to 155 aircraft spread across a diverse and balanced customer base of 69 airlines in 40 countries.
- Ended the fourth quarter with a composite interest rate of 3.94%, adding debt facilities aggregating $611 million during the fourth quarter and through February 28, 2013 and increased the Company’s unsecured debt as a percentage of total debt to 60.2% as of December 31, 2012 compared to 31.7% as of December 31, 2011.
- Based on strong Company performance to date, our board of directors declared ALC’s first quarterly cash dividend of $0.025 per share on our outstanding common stock.
The following table summarizes the results for the three months and years ended December 31, 2012 and 2011 (in thousands, except share amounts):
Three Months Ended December 31,
Year Ended December 31,
|2012||2011||% change||2012||2011||% change|
|Income before taxes||$||61,286||$||38,687||58||%||$||203,973||$||82,841||146||%|
|Cash provided by operating activities||$||115,683||$||100,969||15||%||$||491,029||$||267,166||84||%|
|Adjusted net income (1)||$||47,989||$||31,660||52||%||$||163,404||$||87,954||86||%|
|Adjusted EBITDA (1)||$||173,768||$||102,167||70||%||$||596,451||$||290,168||106||%|
See notes 1 and 2 to the Consolidated Statements of Income included in this earnings release for a discussion of the non-GAAP measures adjusted net income and adjusted EBITDA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV