Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved a plan to increase the company’s annual dividend per share by 20 percent, from $0.50 in fiscal year 2012 to $0.60 in fiscal year 2013. The first quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share was declared for payment on or after May 1, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 10, 2013. Additional quarterly dividends are expected to be paid in July, October, and January.
This is the fourth consecutive year Gap Inc. has increased its annual dividend – demonstrating the company’s continued commitment to delivering value to shareholders through cash distributions.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Words such as "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "project," and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding:
- Future dividends;
- Commitment to cash distributions.
- the risk that changes in general economic conditions or consumer spending patterns could adversely impact the company’s results of operations;
- the highly competitive nature of the company’s business in the United States and internationally;
- the risk that the company or its franchisees will be unsuccessful in gauging apparel trends and changing consumer preferences;
- the risk to the company’s business associated with global sourcing and manufacturing, including sourcing costs, events causing disruptions in product shipment, or an inability to secure sufficient manufacturing capacity;
- the risk that changes in the company’s credit profile or deterioration in market conditions may limit its access to the capital markets and adversely impact its financial results and its ability to service its debt while maintaining other initiatives;
- the risk that trade matters could increase the cost or reduce the supply of apparel available to the company and adversely affect its business, financial condition, and results of operations;
- the risk that updates or changes to the company’s information technology (“IT”) systems may disrupt its operations;
- the risk that actual or anticipated cyber attacks, and other cybersecurity risks, may cause the company to incur increasing costs;
- the risk that natural disasters, public health crises, political crises, or other catastrophic events could adversely affect the company’s operations and financial results;
- the risk that acts or omissions by the company’s third-party vendors, including a failure to comply with the company’s code of vendor conduct, could have a negative impact on its reputation or operations;
- the risk that the company does not repurchase some or all of the shares it anticipates purchasing pursuant to its repurchase program;
- the risk that the company will not be successful in defending various proceedings, lawsuits, disputes, claims, and audits; and
- the risk that changes in the regulatory or administrative landscape could adversely affect the company’s financial condition, strategies, and results of operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV