DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUBG), a leading provider of comprehensive intermodal, highway and logistics services throughout North America, announced today that it has been recognized as the Walmart 2012 Intermodal Carrier of the Year for providing outstanding customer service, operational excellence and creative transportation solutions.
In a letter of commendation to Hub Group, Ken Braunbach, Senior Director of Transportation for Walmart, noted, "Your company's substantial capacity for growth and consistent primary lane compliance merited the award." He added, "In the end, your company's dedication to customer service, operational excellence, and ability to offer creative supply chain solutions were all factors that set you apart from your peers."
"We are thrilled to be recognized as the Walmart Intermodal Carrier of the Year," said David P. Yeager, Hub Group Chairman and CEO. "We worked closely with Walmart to demonstrate our commitment to adhering to Walmart's goal of providing customers the things they need, when they want them and at the price they can afford. It is very exciting to receive this award and we are focused on continuing to exceed Walmart's service expectations."For more than 41 years, Hub Group has been dedicated to making customers' lives easier—and has grown to be a $3 billion company. Hub Group is one of eleven transportation providers recognized this year in Walmart's annual Carrier of the Year program. About Hub GroupHub Group is a $3 billion asset light freight transportation management company providing comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services. The Company operates through a network of offices throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit www.hubgroup.com. SOURCE Hub Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV