Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. (Aqua) is reminding customers that its Helping Hand assistance program is available to low-income families who find it difficult to pay their water bills. Aqua water customers will get a bill insert explaining details of the program with their March bills.
The Helping Hand program is multi-faceted, offering customers a payment plan to pay down arrears and ensure their water isn’t turned off; an opportunity for customers who make payments on time to earn a monthly credit toward their arrears; and a conservation kit to help customers curb usage and therefore, reduce their bills. The conservation kit includes leak-detection tablets, a low-flow shower head, low-flow aerators for kitchen faucets, and more. Customers who reduce their usage are also reducing their bills, which is particularly important during summer months when demand is traditionally high.
Interested customers can call Aqua at 877.987.2782 to find out if they qualify for Helping Hand, and Aqua will refer eligible customers to a local agency to apply.
Aqua uses the following requirements to determine eligibility:
- The customer’s household income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level;
- the account is more than 21 days past due; and
- the customer has at least $110 in unpaid water bills.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts