Nearest Resistance: $19.50
Nearest Support: $19
Catalyst: Q4 Earnings
Mining giant Vale (VALE) announced positive fourth-quarter earnings, earning the distinction of being one of the few earnings names that's actually seeing its share price increase today. That price action is significant because it hits the brakes on a selloff that's been pushing shares lower since the first trading session of 2013. As Vale attempts to push through nearby resistance at $19.50, investors will get their first glimpse at whether this stock can still court buyers in a market where commodities are starting to lose luster.
A breakout above $19.50 is a buy signal for VALE.To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV