Nearest Resistance: $23.50
Nearest Support: $21
Catalyst: Buyout Bid and Share Offering
It's been an eventful week for small-cap industrial landlord CommonWealth REIT (CWH); shares of the trust have rallied more than 45% since Monday's close. The catalyst? A buyout offer for $27 per share.
But there's more to the story than meets the eye. CWH snubbed the buyout offer by going forward with a share offering yesterday to raise $570 million. Management thinks they have more upside in pursuing strategic alternatives themselves rather than biting on the acquisition offer, and the $4 spread between CWH's current price and the buyout price is the risk that they'll fall short. If nothing else, this week's drama puts a lot more eyes on this small real estate investment trust. While headline risk is still big for CommonWealth, I'd look at a move through $23.50 as a short-term buy signal.To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV