Zinio Named Best IOS Magazine App During The Best App Ever Awards At The Mobile World Congress
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zinio, the world's first and largest digital newsstand, has been voted "Best iOS Magazine App" by the Best App Ever Awards. "Most Useful App" was awarded to Drop Box; best game went to "Angry Birds Star Wars" and Best Maps App to "Google Maps". The Best App Ever Awards began after the iTunes App Store opened in July 2008 to help people find the very best apps in ten categories, not just the biggest sellers. The awards are now in their fifth year and the winners are determined by 5mm of the Best Apps Ever readers.
Zinio's award was announced at The Best App Ever Awards during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. Zinio was selected over several digital magazine platforms including Next Issue Media, Flipboard, AOL and Zite.
"Thank you to The Best App Ever readers and staff," enthused Michelle Bottomley, President of Zinio. "We strive every day to make digital magazine discovery great for our readers. Whether news, sports, fashion, travel, health, lifestyle or other interests, our readers love that they can access our global breadth and depth within one convenient digital library. We are thrilled that over 5MM people shared their excitement about Zinio in a very vocal way."
Over 11,000 apps were considered for consumer voting in these awards. Some of the features and functionality that helped Zinio earn the Best Magazine App award included free content discovery within the EXPLORE™ section of Zinio, purchase flexibility via single, subscription, back issues and a membership model, 5,500 digital magazines in 33 languages, and the fact that Zinio's digital library is accessible across every digital platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV