GROTON, Conn., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a contract to perform submarine safety program (SUBSAFE) and intermediate submarine maintenance work for submarines. This five-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract has a potential value of $215.5 million. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Electric Boat will provide technical management, administrative and technical services, tools, equipment and facilities and required support to accomplish installation, repair and maintenance of weapons, hull, mechanical and electrical equipment.
Electric Boat has performed SUBSAFE work for the Navy for more than four decades and is a proven provider of intermediate-level maintenance and modernization activities.
More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV