North Kansas City City Council Calls On North Kansas City Hospital Board Of Trustees And Management To Stop Wasting Taxpayer Dollars And Join In Efforts To Protect The Hospital's Future
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The City Council of North Kansas City today called on Michael Montgomery, MD, Chair of the North Kansas City Hospital Board of Trustees, Peggy Schmidt, president and CEO of North Kansas City Hospital, and the other members of the Hospital's Board of Trustees to bring to an immediate end their repeated obstruction (through legal and other means) of the City's attempts to protect the future of the North Kansas City Hospital.
It is undeniable that the Hospital is operating in a challenging economic environment. The healthcare industry is burdened with a number of significant pressures stemming from health care reform, increased competition, lower patient counts, reduced reimbursements, higher operating costs, and other challenges. While other hospitals here and around the country are taking meaningful steps to preserve their futures, the Board of Trustees and management of North Kansas City Hospital are instead squandering time, energy and financial resources on stall tactics.
As the City Council has repeatedly made clear, no decision has been made whether to sell the North Kansas City Hospital – and any sale that may be pursued would only be undertaken with a party that would preserve and further enhance the excellent quality of care for which the Hospital is known.
As the Hospital's owners, the City Council of North Kansas City is not willing to leave the Hospital's future to chance. We therefore call on the Hospital Board of Trustees and management to immediately:
- Drop their misguided litigation against the City, which is wasting hard earned taxpayer dollars
- Acknowledge the City's ownership of the Hospital, which is clearly defined by Missouri state law
- Provide requested information to the City Council, including basic operating information and strategic plans. This information has been repeatedly asked for but ignored by the Hospital Board of Trustees
- Hire, in partnership with the City, an independent advisor who can analyze the Hospital and its resources and provide an objective analysis about its ability to effectively compete and ultimately survive
- Engage in serious, thoughtful dialogue with the City so that together we can ensure the Hospital remains a vibrant part of our community for years to come
- Stop allowing the spread of misinformation about the City's intentions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV