Schultze Asset Management Founder George Schultze Delivers Key Comments In Harvard Business School Corporate Restructuring Course
PURCHASE, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- George Schultze, Founder and Managing Member of Schultze Asset Management, LLC ("SAM"), was a key speaker today in Harvard Business School's "Creating Value Through Corporate Restructuring" course taught by Professor Stuart Gilson. During this morning's two sessions, he discussed important risks and opportunities for distressed securities investors in mature industries as demonstrated by the Harvard Business Review case ("Arch Wireless, Inc.") which he helped develop based on his experiences investing in that company. "It's always a great honor to join Professor Gilson as a guest speaker in his class. Both the professor and students are outstanding and each year that I come in, I learn something new as well." Mr. Schultze added that today's capital markets show interesting similarities for post-reorganization securities to those evident when Arch Wireless restructured a number of years ago. Similarly, he noted that companies in many of today's very mature industries - such as publishing, yellow pages, and commodity production - could benefit from the extreme cost cutting and other shareholder-friendly actions that Arch management employed after it emerged from reorganization.
SAM is a specialist alternative investments firm founded by George Schultze in 1998. It manages pooled investment vehicles and managed accounts for hundreds of clients worldwide with a particular emphasis on event-driven and distressed securities investing. More information about SAM is available at www.samco.net.
SOURCE Schultze Asset Management, LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV