Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nowhere is it written that you have a right to be alive in retail, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet Thursday, as he opined on the miserable results posted by J.C. Penney (JCP).
Cramer said the 31% decline in same-store sales is simply unfathomable and CEO Ron Johnson is now "bordering on delusional" in his efforts to save the ailing retailer. J.C. Penney is trying not to alienate their core customer, said Cramer, but they are, and meanwhile they've done nothing to attract new ones. He called it simply "terrible execution" and wondered how Johnson has managed to keep his job.
Cramer said the clock is ticking for J.C. Penney, as its balance sheet is now in question. If things cannot be turned around in the next few months, no one will loan the company money for upcoming holiday orders, he said, which would send it right to the grave yard.Watch the full Cramer interview here. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV