- The recent addition of two wind turbines at the company's largest manufacturing facility, Waxdale, located in Mount Pleasant, Wis. The addition of these turbines means that products made at this facility, including Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade® and Windex®, will now be made using clean energy. Combined with two cogeneration systems also at the site, Waxdale is now able to produce an average of 100 percent of its electrical energy onsite.
- The company has been purchasing wind energy from a dedicated nearby wind farm to help power its Bay City, Mich. facility since 2008. In 2011, the wind farm supplied 46 percent of the electricity required to run the facility.
- In 2010, SC Johnson began testing three SWIFT mini wind turbines at its global headquarters in Racine, Wis. The goal has been to reduce GHG emissions as well as to raise awareness that renewable energy can be used in urban settings. In their first year of operations, the turbines cut GHG emissions by 580 pounds. In 2012, the company also added three of the mini turbines at its Lowell, Ark. sales office, as well.
SC Johnson Awarded Goal Setting Certificate By EPA's Climate Leadership Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.