Pennsylvania Department Of Health Partners With Medscape To Enhance Public Health Alert System
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of Health today announced that a new partnership with Medscape will enhance communication efforts of urgent public health messages to Pennsylvania's health care professionals.
"This partnership complements our current Heath Alert Network (HAN) system and will allow us to heighten our efforts and reach additional Pennsylvania health care professionals in a timely manner," said Acting Secretary of Health Michael Wolf.
Presently, the department delivers critical health information through health alerts sent to state and local public health agencies, healthcare providers, hospitals and emergency management officials, as part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's national HAN system.
Information is currently distributed through the HAN system to members that subscribe with the department. Medscape will now distribute this information to their members as well, helping to expand the reach within the healthcare community."It is critical to instantly communicate urgent health alerts to providers on both a state and local level, said Robert Marotta, Senior Vice President & Chief Regulatory Counsel of WebMD. "As a leading source of health information, Medscape will support the Pennsylvania Department of Health in its efforts to quickly and efficiently provide physicians and health professionals with the latest health news." Media contact: Aimee Tysarczyk or Kait Gillis, 717-787-1783 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Health
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV