The Siena School Opens In New Building
With renovations now complete, school occupies permanent home
SILVER SPRING, Md., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Students, faculty and staff at The Siena School "Siena" celebrated the beginning of classes in its new school building at 1300 Forest Glen Road. The opening day marked the completion of a multi-million dollar, seven-month renovation to the 21,000 square foot facility that includes a full-sized gymnasium, two art rooms, a photography darkroom, a science lab, outdoor playing fields and a playground. The building is less than a mile from Siena's old home, and remains readily accessible by public transportation.
"Today is an incredible milestone for The Siena School," said Erik Heyer, Siena's founder. "Over the past six years, we have developed an unbelievable program and school community. To finally own our own building is just so exciting for our students, parents and staff. We can't wait to see what we will accomplish in this new, state-of-the-art facility."The new building is more than double the size of Siena's old facility. It features mounted projectors in each classroom, and high-speed Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire building to enable students and staff to access the most current learning technology. Siena's new school property is bordered by Sligo Creek Park, with miles of trails and parkland, and Argyle Park, which offers access to soccer and softball fields, basketball and tennis courts. "We are excited to complement our robust academic and arts program with a comparable building," said Clay Kaufman, co-head of school. "To have such a beautiful space, with its elegant Tuscany theme, a beautiful full-size gym, playing fields and an expanded arts space, truly fulfills a dream." The new building will allow Siena to grow to approximately 110 students, with expansion potential to 225 students under its zoning permit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV