The February 20 “ Quality, Test & Measurement” online event hosted by IHS GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 900 participants, with 86 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free online event is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
IHS GlobalSpec’s “Quality, Test & Measurement” online event provided opportunities to learn of the latest technology developments impacting quality control, product inspection, test, and measurement; share ideas with industry experts about quality standards and compliance testing; chat with suppliers about defect prevention and analysis; and participate in key educational forums. The event helped attendees keep pace with the rapidly changing world of quality control and test to remain competitive in today's marketplace.
Industrial professionals took advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office.
“Participants at our Quality, Test & Measurement event heard from industry experts with fresh ideas and learned about the latest technologies in this industry,” said Donna Lewis, director of e-publishing and e-events for IHS GlobalSpec. “It was also a great opportunity for suppliers to get in front of a highly engaged audience to showcase new products, build brand awareness and establish thought leadership.”Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Advantages of Independent Test ToolsThis presentation covered test methodologies and tools used by the University of New Hampshire-InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) to help data communications companies. Presented by Timothy Winters, senior manager, IP Technologies, University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory
- Simplified ATE Operation for Production TestThe presentation showed attendees how to automate production tests without the complexity and hassle of having a PC at every station. Attendees learned how to control test set-up, execution and data collection utilizing a networked embedded real-time controller to control Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) instrumentation. Presented by Rob Putala, senior systems engineer, Bloomy Controls, Inc.
- Seeing the Invisible Light: Industrial Uses of Machine Vision in the Short Wave InfraredThis presentation consisted of an overview of non-visible imaging and a focus on industrial machine vision examples that use the wavelength range from 0.8 to 2.5 microns to solve production challenges. Presented by Doug Malchow, Manager, Business Development for Industrial Products, Sensors Unlimited Inc (SUI)
- Dimensional Engineering and Tolerance Analysis: Do It Right the First TimeThis presentation showed how simulation-based tools used in a “closed-loop” dimensional engineering-based quality management process enable users to identify potential engineering issues in the virtual world without the use of physical prototypes. Presented by Don Jasurda, vice president, Dimensional Control Systems, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts