The ACE Group today announced that it has, together with the world’s foremost labor and employment law firm, Littler Mendelson (Littler), created a cutting edge employment practices risk management tool available to ACE’s primary EPL and Private & Not-for-Profit Company Management Liability policyholders. EPL Assist™ provides legal content, forms, and analysis. In addition, insureds get advice directly from dedicated Littler lawyers through a secure web portal and a toll free hotline service. With more than 950 attorneys in 56 offices throughout the U.S. and globally, Littler has both the expertise and the capacity to handle a broad range of employment matters.
“Employers today face a dizzying array of employment laws and ongoing employment issues,” said Kenneth Latham, Vice President, ACE Professional Risk. “Whether it involves discipline or termination, wage and hour, or even the new frontier of social media, the ever-changing legal requirements of these issues can have a devastating impact.”
“Through EPL Assist, ACE
insureds have an unlimited ability to obtain expert advice and counsel as a benefit of their policy’s program,” added Joe Casey, Division President, ACE Westchester Professional Risk. “ACE recognizes the unique burdens faced by employers today, and we are pleased to provide our insureds with access to the content and advice they need in order to compete in today’s challenging legal environment.”
“The risks related to ongoing employment issues are not limited to large companies. ACE understands the challenges involved in securing and maintaining a cost-effective insurance program for companies of all sizes. We’re committed to developing and delivering services that meet the needs of our small business customers and distribution partners through this new employment practices risk management tool,” said Maura Verrone, Vice President, ACE Commercial Risk Services.
Through EPL Assist, insureds can obtain:
- No cost, online and live hotline access to the legal experts at Littler
- Employment law updates, newsletters, and related publications
- A compendium of online employment law resources through a secure website, including unlimited access to such content as:
- Employment policies and practices
- A Human Resources forms library
- Sample employee handbooks, including supplement information for all 50 states
- State and national employment law summaries and reference materials
- 50-state surveys on various employment law essentials, including minimum wage and overtime requirements, protected classifications, new hire reporting requirements, meal and rest break requirements, and voting rights requirements
- Free webinars, podcasts, and other materials on cutting-edge issues of employment and labor law
- Complimentary registration to Littler’s nationwide breakfast briefing series
- Complimentary access to Littler’s webinars and podcasts
ACE Professional Risk (retail-focused division) and ACE Westchester Professional Risk (wholesale-focused division) are both part of the ACE Group, and are staffed by specialized teams of innovative underwriters, providing management liability and professional liability products throughout the U.S. For more information about ACE Professional Risk and its range of products and services, please
visit our website
. For more information about ACE Westchester Professional Risk, please
visit our website
ACE Commercial Risk Services is an operation within the ACE Group that is dedicated to providing specialty insurance products that offer solutions for small business insurance needs in North America. ACE Commercial Risk Services offers its products through retail agents and brokers, wholesale brokers and wholesale producers, program agents and other alternative distribution models. Additional information can be found at
is limited to primary EPL and Private & Not-for-Profit Company Management Liability policyholders only. Littler is solely responsible for all content furnished with respect to the risk management program. Access to the program is voluntary and the content provided therein is for reference purposes only. Neither ACE nor Littler assume any liability in the use or reliance on such materials. Insureds are advised to seek the advice of counsel prior to utilizing any employment materials, including those provided in connection with the EPL Assist program.
Product highlights are summaries only; please see the actual policy for terms and conditions. Products may not be available in all locations and remain subject to the ACE Group’s underwriting criteria.