SAN DIEGO, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) will be nationally recognized tonight with the Supply Chain Leadership Award at the second annual Climate Leadership Awards in Washington, D.C. The Climate Leadership Awards recognize organizations that go beyond business as usual in the management and reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and are presented by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO), the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry (TCR).
The Supply Chain Leadership Award is being presented to SDG&E for being a leader with comprehensive GHG inventories, aggressive emissions reduction goals and leading edge management of GHGs in their supply chains.
"At SDG&E, environmental stewardship is a corporate value and an important part of our culture," said Pamela J. Fair, SDG&E vice president, environmental and operations support and chief environmental officer. "We have a holistic and comprehensive view on sustainability and proactively look at incorporating sustainable best practices in everything we do."SDG&E is receiving the award tonight at the Climate Leadership Conference held in Washington D.C. The national awards program recognizes and encourages exemplary corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in reducing carbon pollution and addressing climate change. Last year, SDG&E was awarded the Organizational Leadership Award for taking aggressive actions to reduce their carbon footprint. "I commend SDG&E for leading by example with their outstanding actions to help reduce carbon pollution," said Gina McCarthy, assistant administrator for EPA's Office of Air and Radiation. "SDG&E and all our Climate Leadership Award winners are tackling the challenge of climate change with practical, common sense and cost-effective solutions to improve efficiency and cut waste." Over the past year, SDG&E collaborated with key suppliers to develop innovative programs to reduce the company's environmental impact such as:
- Designed more efficient, lower-carbon ways to build concrete vaults
- Installed more environmentally friendly utility poles
- Right-sized the lengths of electrical cable to reduce waste
- Recycled assets taken out of service and diverted 16 million pounds of materials from landfills
- Sourced certified "green" chemicals for janitorial services
- Increased use of recycled, rather than non-recycled, paper for required business needs and minimized paper usage with double-sided printing
- Launched a pilot Supplier Relationship Management program to track sustainability metrics with four key suppliers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV