- There is currently a deep under-valuation of Timken’s shares due to the Company’s ill-conceived conglomerate structure, particularly as compared to its peers.
- By separating the steel and bearings businesses, Timken would realize improved operating performance and the investment community could appropriately value the earnings profile of each business – thus unlocking the value of these businesses for shareholders and enhancing their long-term potential.
- Each of Timken management’s public excuses to defend the Company’s conglomerate structure are not supported by empirical evidence.
Relational Investors LLC And CalSTRS File Comprehensive Presentation Urging Timken To Unlock Shareholder Value By Separating Its Steel And Bearings Businesses; Timken’s Conglomerate Structure Impairing Shareholder Value
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts