MX.com Introduces New Healthcare Solutions That Reduce Hospital Operating Costs
BOCA RATON, Fla., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MX.com today announced the addition of three solutions designed to help hospital administrators reduce spending and improve new healthcare reform performance measures. Inexpensive and easy to implement, the solutions address unnecessary treatment, overspending and quality of care measures.
- Blanchard Valley Health System's Value-Based Purchasing Interactive Performance Modeler converts retrospective CMS Value-Based Purchasing data into actionable information, enabling hospitals to improve quality of care, interventions and provider education. It calculates the net gain or loss for a hospital based on the 20 current CMS measures.
- Advocate Physician Partners' ACO Suite: High-Cost Imaging Protocols uses evidence-based methods to help physicians determine whether an imaging procedure is medically necessary. Industry experts estimate that CT and MRI scans cost about $26.5 billion annually, although up to half fail to help diagnose ailments or treat patients.
- Advocate Physician Partners' ACO Suite: Preferred Medication Charts give physicians and other prescribers an easy-to-use format to find generic medication alternatives for costly brand name drugs. The solution includes more than 30 medication comparison charts that are easily customizable and may be distributed in printed or electronic formats.
"These solutions are proven to drive down hospital operating costs and result in demonstrable savings," said MX.com CEO Joseph Davis. "Each costs under $1,000, giving hospital administrators an extremely cost-effective tool that can be immediately put into action."
MX.com is the leading source for hospital toolkits, guidelines and other intellectual properties developed by leading medical institutions to improve operations and patient care. The site offers a comprehensive inventory of free and licensed peer-to-peer solutions.
ABOUT MX.COM MX.com by Medimetrix Solutions EXchange is the first online peer-to-peer marketplace for free or licensed healthcare management solutions designed to help hospitals improve performance and standards of care. The site features an extensive inventory of clinical and management solutions developed by Duke Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Partners HealthCare and other leading medical institutions. Established in 2010, MX.com is a privately held company founded by Joseph Davis, chairman of the Medimetrix Group and Spirit of Women Health Network. Equity holders include Medimetrix Group, Inc and its affiliates, private investors and interested health systems including Johns Hopkins Medicine and Adventist Health System.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts