CARTHAGE, Mo., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- First quarter dividend is $.29 per share, an increase of 3.6% versus 1Q 2012
- Indicated dividend yield is 3.8%, one of the highest among the S&P 500
- Dividends have increased for 42 consecutive years at a 13% compound growth rate
Leggett & Platt's Board of Directors announced a dividend of $.29 per share for the first quarter, a 3.6% increase versus the dividend declared in the first quarter 2012. The dividend will be paid on April 15, 2013 to shareholders of record on March 15, 2013.
At an annual indicated dividend of $1.16 per share, the yield is 3.8%, based upon yesterday's closing stock price of $30.42 per share. Accordingly, Leggett & Platt possesses one of the highest dividend yields among the S&P 500 companies.
A member of Standard & Poor's Dividend Aristocrats, Leggett & Platt has increased its annual dividend for 42 consecutive years at an average compound growth rate of over 13%, a record only two other S&P 500 companies have attained.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit Leggett's website at www.leggett.com. COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) is a diversified manufacturer (and member of the S&P 500) that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. The 130-year-old firm is comprised of 20 business units, 18,000 employee-partners, and 130 manufacturing facilities located in 17 countries. Leggett & Platt is the leading U.S. manufacturer of: a) components for residential furniture and bedding; b) office furniture components; c) drawn steel wire; d) automotive seat support and lumbar systems; e) carpet underlay; f) adjustable bed bases; and g) bedding industry machinery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV